Last updated on Dec 23, 2020
The website cosmicbizwitch.com is owned by Lauren Poppins, a California, Sole Proprietor.
“Website”= cosmicbizwitch.com and all content on cosmicbizwitch.com and all services offered on or in integration with cosmicbizwitch.com
“We,” “us,” and “our” = Lauren Poppins and the team at Cosmic Biz Witch.
“User,” “you,” and “your” = website visitors, clients, customers, and any other users of our website.
“Service” and “Services” = (but are not limited to) in-person and virtual business support to help people optimize their workflow using the tools of astrology and technology, free gifts, trainings, access to digital recordings (audio & video), informational/promotional email newsletters, PDF resources, digital products (audio and video), consulting services, tax document preparation and filing, group programs, courses, calendars, podcast interviews, blogs, etc.
A. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your Personal Information in the following ways, for the following reasons:
1. When you enter information into our landing pages, webforms, contact forms, blog, social media pages, online scheduler, take a survey or quiz, or provide us with other communication details, we may collect your name, email address, phone number and the contents of any other data collection field. We have the right to process this data based on our legitimate interest in communicating with you, customizing your experience, and responding to your questions or concerns. We may retain such information for our communication records.
4. When you become a client or customer, and make a purchase from us, we will collect information necessary to complete your transaction, including your name, email address, phone number, billing address, credit card information, payment details, and bank account information. We have the right to process this data based on our contractual obligation to fulfill your purchase. We may use third party data processors to transact your purchase and in that case, we will not have access to your payment information unless you explicitly give consent for us to retain it for future purchases or if it is included it in your tax document records.
5. When you visit our website, we may use “cookies” to collect information on how you are using our website. The term “cookies” refers to small pieces of data that identify your browser and are sent to, and stored on your computer while you are visiting a certain website. The cookies we collect do not include any personal identifiable information, however they may include an anonymous unique identifier. We may use session cookies which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies which remain on your computer until you delete them. You always have the option to disable cookies through your web browser’s settings. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access some areas of our website and some areas of our website may not function as intended. Our website does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals sent by your browser.
6. When you visit our website, we may collect information about your use of our website, via Automatic Data Collection Technology, such as Google Analytics and Facebook Pixels. We may collect your computer’s Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser version, the time and date of your visit, the pages of our website that you visit, the time spent on each of those pages, the referring URL and other statistics in order to administer our website, diagnose technical problems, measure interest in and use of the various areas of our website and provide the highest possible level of service to our users. If we utilize third party Automatic Data Collection Technology, we will do so in compliance with their company policies. We may also receive data from third parties such as payment processing companies, social media platforms, advertising companies, search engines and other technical services. We strive to use only the services of third party companies who we have researched and determined are in compliance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
In all of these instances, we will only collect Personal Information from you if you voluntarily submit the information to us. We have the lawful grounds for processing the information we collect from you, as outlined above, in compliance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
B. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to be informed about how your information is being used.
1. When you contact us, through online forms, social media, blog, or other communication, we will use the Personal Information you voluntarily provide to us to communicate with you, customize your experience, and respond to your contact.
2. When you request a product or Service from us, whether free or paid, or “opt in” to receive communication from us, we will use the Personal Information you voluntarily provide to us to deliver such product, Service or communication, including resources, emails, newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and notifications of updates to our business. We may also use your Personal Information for marketing purposes by uploading it to our social media platforms to create Lookalike Audiences for the creation of targeted ads, and using your comments, feedback and testimonials in other marketing efforts.
3. When you purchase a product or Service from us, we will use the Personal Information you voluntarily provide to us, including credit card and/or bank account details and billing address to complete your transaction. We will not share this financial Personal Information. We will not store this financial Personal Information without explicitly given consent for us to retain it for future purchases or if it is included in your tax document records. We will also use your Personal Information to communicate with you about the product or Service you purchased and to keep you updated on necessary information regarding our Services.
4. When you visit our website, we may use Personal Information we collect to administer our website, diagnose technical problems, measure interest in and use of the various areas of our website, create a better user experience and provide the highest possible level of service to our users.
By collecting and using your Personal Information, we are acting as a Data Controller with discretion to decide what information we collect, how we use it and store it. We may use a third party to act as a Data Processor to store and process your Personal Information. We strive to use only Data Processors who we have researched and determined are in compliance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
C. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to be informed about how your information is being shared. We take appropriate actions to protect and maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
1. We will share your Personal Information in limited circumstances for specific, limited purposes with trusted third parties, including our email management service, integrated applications and other members of our team who assist us in operating our website, managing our business, or providing legal or accounting services for us.
2. We will share the Personal Information that you provide to us when making a purchase with additional trusted third parties, including our payment processor and financial gateway to assist in completing the financial transaction.
3. We may share your Personal Information in the event of a sale of our company or with a joint venture or affiliate partner if necessary.
Your Personal Information will only be shared and processed for the specific, limited purpose as necessary. Your Personal Information will never be sold or given to any other entity without your consent, beyond what is required to complete a purchase or request. To the best of our abilities, trusted third parties with whom we share your Personal Information will keep such information confidential and will not disclose it to any other party, unless required to do so by law.
D. STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to be informed about how your information is being stored.
E. PROTECTION AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of your Personal Information, including information you voluntarily provide to us and that which we collect automatically, is important to us and we use our best efforts to protect it. We strive to use industry standard, commercially acceptable online security measures, including a Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) on our website and only share your information with third parties who we have researched and determined to be compliant with current safety standards. However, no transmission over the internet or methods of electronic storage is 100% secure.
While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we are not responsible should an unauthorized third party gain access to your information, without our consent. In the event that the Website is tampered with, your information may be inadvertently intercepted. If we become aware that a data breach has occurred, we will notify the appropriate authorities within a timely manner. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for these actions and any damages that result from the unauthorized use of your Personal Information. You expressly agree to hold us harmless from any and all claims which may arise from the unauthorized use of your Personal Information.
Please note, when you voluntarily give out your Personal Information online through our Website or on our social media pages, in a way that makes it viewable by others, whether through a comment on a blog or post, a posting on a message board, or by any other means, it can be viewed by the public and can potentially be collected and used by others. You acknowledge and agree that we cannot guarantee the security of the information you share in this manner. You expressly agree that you disclose such information at your own risk and you assume all responsibility for its unauthorized use.
Because our core activities do not consist of processing operations which require regular and systematic processing of data subjects on a large scale, nor do we process sensitive data on a large scale, we have determined that Cosmic Biz Witch is not required to appoint a Data Protection Officer.
F. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only retain the minimum Personal Information necessary to fulfill the specific, limited purpose for which it was collected. We also retain and process Personal Information for reasonable business purposes, including legal compliance, financial record keeping and dispute resolution.
G. RIGHT TO CONTROL PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to control your Personal Information including the right to access, receive a copy of, update, edit, delete, erase or restrict the processing of your Personal Information.
You may request information on how your Personal Information is being used and processed, request access to, request a copy of, restrict our use and processing of, or request to update, edit, delete or erase your Personal Information at any time, free of charge, by writing to us at:
Cosmic Biz Witch
2036 Nevada City Hwy #99
Grass Valley, CA 95945
You also have the right to be forgotten, and may withdraw your consent previously given to us, by “opting-out” aka unsubscribing from our email list, or updating your preferences, through an online automated process at your own discretion, at any time. To “opt-out” aka unsubscribe from our list, you may click the ‘unsubscribe’ link visible at the bottom of every email we send to you as a subscriber through this list, or you may email us directly at email@example.com. Once you “opt-out” aka unsubscribe from our email list, we will remove you and you should not receive additional emails from us, except in the case of a technical glitch. You may also update your email subscription preferences by clicking the ‘refine our relationship’ link visible at the bottom of every email we send you. Once you update your preferences, the frequency and type of emails you receive will be adjusted.
EXTERNAL WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA.
You acknowledge and agree that we make no warranties, whether express or implied, regarding the terms and policies of these external websites and we are in no way responsible for any damages arising from any interactions with these external websites.
To access certain Services on our Website, you may be prompted to set up a username and password. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for maintaining the security of such information and for any and all acts, losses or damages that result as a failure to keep this information secure. You agree to notify us immediately of any suspected unauthorized use of your account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.